Friday, July 25, 2008

24-July-2008 Thursday Report

10-12 n at King's Park
A hot and sunny day.

But, two enthusiastic boys came.
Tommy and Oscar.

We focused on the net game again.
Tommy seemed not yet wake up at the court.
Maybe, the weather was too hot for outdoor activities...

After one hour drill, we had the single match.
I joined the game with them.

I first played with Oscar.
He was a great boy, powerful and consistent strokes.
His backhand seemed weaker than the forehand.
I played a bit hard as he's a strong player and the weather was so hot.

Played with Tommy.
He tried his best and he got the powerful shots.
He could return my powerful serve with a wide angle, so great!
Once he hit hard, I just returned to him and let him make mistakes.

Both of them did well.
At the end, Oscar beat me at the tie break.

Nearly the end of the lesson, a muscular man called Simon invited us for a double.
I saw Simon in the past and he's a good player, powerful serve with poor net game.

I was paired with him and playing against the boys.
They lost at the end, but I think this is a good match.
Simon told me that I had so much experience on tennis, just like playing doubles and single.

I would like to share my views or what I thought today.
I agreed that I'm more experience than the kids or even Simon, as I've played tennis for more than 10 years in the past and I've participated in many matches when I was a bit younger like the TA's tournament and even in university. Experience is quite important, I bet. Taking an example, when I played against Tommy, I know what I should do is just returning the shots to him. Then, he will miss the next shots. However, I've to play so hard with Oscar as he is far more consistent.

In the doubles game, I played easily.
I just returned the balls to the net player and I really did some down the line passing shots.
These all so called experience should be learnt, and I think the boys could learn in the matches and tournament.

I hope to organize more friendly match in future for the boys.
So that, our boys would be more experienced.

No comments: