Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Friendly Competition and Partnership

Dear Edmond and All,

I would like to write to you to let you know that all your efforts are appreciated with keeping this Blog. Dr Tony Ko told me that he read all the posts in this Blog on a regular basis.

It seems to me that the Team members must play in more matches and there must be a friendly competition for First Team places. We all know that the Six best players of the week start in the Match. However, all the squad players contributed in practice and matches.

I am interested to read about Ivan and Kenny challenging the Cheung couple. They might have lost on the first 2 occasions, but if they tried harder and harder, they will win one day. I agree that Nicholas is improving significantly in practice, but again he must show match form by beating his teammates or others in competition. I have always said that there are stars of morning practice who blasted winners in every direction on practice court, but could not do it in a match that counts.

Even Chris and Jordan came back to practise for the 2 Sundays as they sensed the improvement in the Team. There is friendly competition for places, which will benefit all the squad players as they can aim to do better all the time.

Some of the younger boys must start to learn to play doubles and work with their teammates. It takes many matches to gel a Doubles pairing. Most pairings fails as they do not understand each other's strengths and weaknesses. They should work to cover on your partner's weakness as well as exploiting on the opponents' weakness.

We look forward to the next season with great eagerness. I expect the whole squad to train pretty hard for the summer. The WYK Tennis Team must start beating a few of the Old Boys to stand any chance of a good performance in Division One.

Cheers

Raymond

1 comment:

Edmond, Ignatius Ip said...

Raymond, many thanks to you.
I'm pleased that many of you like reading the blog regularly. I'm sorry that I didn't updated the blog last week due to my busy schedule.

Luckily, we have more new bloods this week. Probably, I expect our boys should have a more concentrated drills during the summer holiday.

Right, we will have lesson on 1-May, would the old boys join at 10am?

Cheers,
Edmond