Monday, July 23, 2007

23-July-2007 Monday

Today, we had some lower forms students, as they were having Day camp which helded by Matthew( the activity of SA). Two lower forms students and two students of the SA.

Seven boys again.
Matthew, Brian, Tommy, Calvin, Nicholas, Jordan, Chris.
And Tony Ko joined us, too!

Boys warmed up and did some rally themselves, as I taught the four new boys some basic strokes and ball sense exercises.

The school team boys did some cross-court rally and some down-the-line shots themselves.
Later, I gave them some backhand practices.

We had a game today with all the boys.
Round the World.
Do you know how to play the game? The game is about the consistence, what you would do on court is to hit the ball in and rush to the opposite side.... Some boys were really good, they had the consistent shot. Lastly, our captain Matthew won the game!

Service, of course, which is our every lesson practice!
Then, the return of serve, I served to them. It's really new for them, I gave some powerful serve for the boys. Some didn't know how to return the ball which is close to their body. Most did average only, Raymond and Ernest were right, their return of serve needed to be focused! I'm also tired after serving two basket of "rocket serve".

The next drill: volleys and smash.
We had some over-head. I would say okay for their shots, but maybe you would probably know that they can't do overhead in their match.. They also had some low volley shots. I found that boys didn't know how to deal with the low volleys, even Jordan. But, luckily, Brian did well in my drill. He bent his knee when the ball is low.

I would appreciate Brian, Tommy, Calvin, as they were improving in the Net.

Lastly, we had the doubles and single:
Tommy and Jordan vs. Brian and Calvin
Edmond vs. Chris

Chris didn't warm up too much, he ran ten laps today paying for losing the balls. Ernest, he left ten laps and would finish next time. Chris had not play tennis for about a wee, he said. He played with me badly, many many many unforced errors. Poor serve... Oh, I don't know what to say and how to say...

In terms of boys' doubles, I saw Jordan had little unforced error, especailly his return of serve. He tried many winner-shots, like hitting a powerful shot to the net player... One more thing, Jordan's net game is weak, standing too far away from the net. One more thing I would like to comment, boys at the net always turning their head when playing, watching their partner. I don't know why they did that many times...

Boys, hope you can play a good match tomorrow, the match with CU organized by Ernest.

3 comments:

Ernest said...

hi edmond :

thanks for the excellect preparation before the match. raymond, joseph n i are talking about a extra lession for the novice. will let u know the details asap.

cheers
Ernest

Chris said...

20laps, not 10.

Brian@Wahyanite said...

Haha let me tel u y there r we always look behind coz we dun trust our partner.