Sunday, September 30, 2007

Friendly Match with Poly-U

Thanks God for the sunny day.

I would only give a very short brief report, as I'm so tired today, sorry..

We had a great fun today with the poly-U tennis team players.
Today, I went to the mass at St. Ignatius Chapel at 7:30am with Oscar, then we had the McDonald's breakfast, going back to the court. It was about 9am, we saw the head coach Ernest and left-hander Joseph, Aaron. I warmed up with Oscar and later talked with Ernest for the stuff of the team...

Later on, some more boys came: Chris, Barry, Tommy, Frankie, Matthew, Ivan, Jordan, Tony.
At about 10am, my teammates of Poly U came. They got only six players at first, including me. We decided to have the three doubles first, and waited for one more player for the single.

At the 1st round, we had:
Doubles:
1. Barry + Chris
2. Oscar + Tommy
3. Matthew + Frankie
Single: Jordan

Sam and I played with Barry and Chris, as they wanna to challenge us! Sam and I played with heart, we played for nearly hundred percent! Barry did well and very consistent, but Chris was still afraid to be a net game players, his net game is weak. He was also quite nervous. Of course, we beated them, 6-2. I watched some other matches, Oscar and Tommy's pair. It was only the first time they paired up and participated for a real match. They did well, especially two of them are quite consistent. Tommy had a good serve, not only powerful but also consistent. The F1 boy Oscar was great, good serve and stable ground storkes. After the match, one of my teammated praised him, telling me that the boy in blue shirt is excellent!

However, I just know the two boys need to have more experience and matches to play and learn!

So, the result of the first round:
Barry+ Chris 2:6
Frankie+ Mat 6:4
Oscar+ Tommy 1:6
Jordan 1:6

Poly-U win all the four match, the score is 3:1 to PolyU

2nd round:
The pairing was just like the 1st round, but with some arrangement. Matthew paired with Tony and Frankie had a single. I only got to played the single with Frankie. When I played with him, I found he is a very fast runner. However, without the training, his strokes were unstable, especially some easy winner point likt the mid-court attack. I hope he would come to the group more and practice more. Oscar 's team was still okay, I sometimes watched their performance. For Mat's team, they are excellent. They beated the Poly-U, the very strong pairing of Poly U. Tony was quite strong, as he is only F2. Matthew was also a good leader. Ernest and I were so pleased that Tony paired with Mat easily, no argue. Unexpected result appeared in Chris' s court, they also beated the opponent. Chris started to be consistent, but volley is still awful. Barry did a good job.

The score is quite close after this round:
Barry+ Chris 6:2
Tony+ Mat 6:1
Oscar+ Tommy 1:6
Frankie 0:6

Score: 5:3 to Poly U

Last round.
The last round is very determined. Before the game, boys had an about ten-minute break. They rushed to the convenient store to get some water. I'm afraid that they cooled down in the break. I just want to tell you that, after the long break(over five minutes perhaps), you should warm-up before the game started. Otherwise, you would play badly at the first few games. The pairing is like the previous round, but with Aaron and Ivan a double, Oscar a single. Matthew also paired with Jordan. With the too long break, boys did badly at the first few game, I bet. Chris and Barry started to be "hea" in the game, lastly lost. Maybe, their opponents were super strong, as Sam told them, if they lose the match, they couldn't come back to the team next time! It's a hard deal! On the other hand, Matthew did the best with Jordan, beating the Poly U for six eggs! Oscar had a single and lost only 2:6. As you should know, Oscar is only a twelve year-old boy, a F1, his opponent is 19 and a university student. Not a very fair match, but i like Oscar's topspin style.

Score: 8:4 to Poly U
1. Barry+ Chris 1:6
2. Ivan+ Aaron 0:6
3. Jordan+ Mat 6:0
4. Oscar 2:6

At the end, Matthew beated all his opponent, a very good captain!
Some short feed back here, I believe all of the boys played the game seriously and really treated the match as the very "real" inter school. The tennis team ofPoly U is quite good, actually, but I bet the boys would beat them in next, or next next time. Our players are all improving, just see Tommy and Barry. The new blood Oscar is also great, if he works hard in this year, he would improve a lot!

Feeling so great today. I'm sorry I represented Poly U and played and beated the boys...

We had a lunch together and back to the court at two.
We had some drills about the intercept, they found it effective. Thanks Raymond and Joseph for helping in the drill! We started trying to focus on the net game and especially the very crucial "intercept".

This is the end of the report, I'm sorry there may be some grammatical mistakes.

No comments: