Friday, February 22, 2008

Thursday report (21-Feb-2008)

Sorry for canceling the lesson of last week, as I got sick.
I got the fever for nearly a whole week.

Today, we had too many kids, because many of the kids have matches today.
Oscar, Brian, Louvre, Jordan, Tommy, Nicholas, Calvin, Ivan and one new blood Bryan (Actually, I don't know he is Brian or Bryan, just named him Bryan to distinguish the two Brian).

I had an idea to give them some individual training.
I gave them everyone a whole basket to train.

I asked what they want to improve, they had one basket time to work with me.

First, we had Oscar.
I worked on his backhand, he complained that his backhand is weak.
I found that his slice backhand is awful, but the two hands backhand is much better.
I gave him many balls, he tried to add some spins in order to be consistent.

Then, he practiced the overhead.
I feel proud of his net games.

Next, Nicholas and Calvin.
Calvin worked on his forehand, while Nic focused on his backhand.
Both of them made a mistake is they "jumped"when they hit the ball.
I told them to hit "still", just stand still and hit the ball.
Good job, boys.

Next, Jordan and Tommy.
Tommy was a bit sick, telling us that he got a fever last night.
Simple forehand and backhand.

Then, we had the intercept session.
Nicholas and Calvin played against Jordan and Tommy.
I fed the ball, the two net players have to intercept the ball, while the baseliner have to hit a wide angle shot in order to prevent opponent 's interception.
Jordan was active, Nicholas tried his best.
All of them had a good net game. They tried their best.
I'm so surprised they tried hard to intercept.

Brian and Louvre.
We had the same training like the previous.
I told them to hit the ball wide in order to prevent the interception.
Brian did a good job.
Ivan came to the court and acted as the net player of my side.
They tried to come to the net together.
I was so happy that Brian wanted to improve his approach and net game.
Louvre and Brian did very good at the net.

Volleys for all the boys.
All of them played so good.
They are braved to face my powerful forehand killer shots.

Last but not the least, the two young kids: Ivan and Bryan.
I'm sorry as times is running out, I just fed them a forehand shots.
Ivan played as usual, but if he can "stand still", he could have better performance on his forehand and backhand.
Bryan was the first time to come, he is good and he learnt tennis only half year.
Bryan had a good form, but no backhand at all.
In long run, he could be a good player if he practices more.

I'm pleased to see the attandance today.
Many boys, they are trying their best to improve themselves.

No comments: