Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wednesday Report (19-Mar-2008)

Good weather in the morning.

Oscar, Tommy, Louvre, Jordan, Chris and Calvin.

We had some warm up.
Some hand feed easy drills.

I found that many of them have the lazy and heavy feet.
In long run, we have to give the boys more running drills!

Groundstrokes and volleys.
Louvre improved a bit in his net game.
Oscar and Tommy should focus more on their topspin baseline, in order to get the ball in.

A funny net mini game.
Boys divided into two teams and hitting volley only.
If the ball bounced, the team would lose a point.

Tommy and Oscar were great, they do bend their knees, especially the low volley.
Louvre was a funny boy: when he is at the net, he can only hit backhand volley. It seems that he never try any forehand volley...
In fact, Jordan didn't hit a low volleys: never bend his knees!

In long run, the net game needs to be focus.
As if we are promoted into Division 1 next year, net game would be crucial for winning the match!

One drill about the forehand.
Wide in side out shot, a mid court attack, and lastly hit a drop shot.
The drop shot is a hard drill for some of our boys, I bet.
This is a bit hard for them maybe, they have to hit a drop shot in order to "put" the ball into the basket.
Tommy couldn't slice or even drop shot. Oscar seemed better.

Service.
I' m so proud some of them improved their service:
Jordan became more powerful while Tommy is a bit more consistent.
It is funny that some of them demonstrated the "Louvre's serve".
Louvre seems to work hard on his service, but one problem of his serve is that every time when he tosses the ball, his feet would move forward few times.

Oscar and Tommy played against Louvre and Calvin.
I gave Chris and Jordan some private and individual training.

Chris tried his best, he told me that he wanted to be more consistent.
He hit the bal cross court with Jordan, they rallyed a bit.
I saw Chris improved a bit of his forehand, but some error will be made if he wants to hit a wider angle of shot.

Not that bad.
Jordan seemed inconsistent when he hit his backhand.
Chris wants to improved his backhand.

Good day.
I appreciated the boys as they can wake up so early in order to play tennis.
I'm sorry I'm a bit hurry to end the class as I have to go to school.
Maybe, if anyone wants some more individual lesson during the holiday, please feel free to call me to arrange the schedule.

Next week, I will have the lesson on Friday, still start at 9am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.